Articles on this Page
- 07/09/12--00:58: _New sheriff takes o...
- 07/09/12--01:03: _Plans to improve fa...
- 07/09/12--01:06: _Six senior officers...
- 07/09/12--01:09: _Parents devastated
- 07/09/12--01:10: _Political school fo...
- 07/09/12--01:12: _Rape stalks Zamdela
- 07/09/12--01:15: _Police raid looters
- 07/09/12--01:20: _Nzimande takes CUT ...
- 07/09/12--01:23: _Mysterious fires ha...
- 07/10/12--01:42: _Zille asks Zuma for...
- 08/06/12--00:43: _Magashule in spotlight
- 08/06/12--00:45: _How to fix our educ...
- 08/06/12--00:46: _Corruption threaten...
- 08/06/12--00:48: _Mahlaku – a man of ...
- 08/06/12--00:50: _Women to retrace Ch...
- 08/06/12--00:54: _Ralentsoe breaks si...
- 08/06/12--00:56: _Zuma honours MK vet...
- 08/06/12--01:01: _Metsimaholo boss su...
- 08/06/12--01:02: _Taxi war looms
- 08/06/12--01:11: _The Dojo sessions: ...
- 07/09/12--00:58: New sheriff takes over at ANC
- 07/09/12--01:03: Plans to improve faltering NPO funding
- 07/09/12--01:06: Six senior officers suspended
- 07/09/12--01:09: Parents devastated
- 07/09/12--01:10: Political school for Free State
- 07/09/12--01:12: Rape stalks Zamdela
- 07/09/12--01:15: Police raid looters
- 07/09/12--01:20: Nzimande takes CUT to court
- 07/09/12--01:23: Mysterious fires haunt Welkom
- 07/10/12--01:42: Zille asks Zuma for help fighting gangs
- 08/06/12--00:43: Magashule in spotlight
- 08/06/12--00:45: How to fix our education system – Helen Zille
- 08/06/12--00:46: Corruption threatens my liberties
- 08/06/12--00:48: Mahlaku – a man of many talents
- 08/06/12--00:50: Women to retrace Charlotte Maxeke’s route
- 08/06/12--00:54: Ralentsoe breaks silence
- 08/06/12--00:56: Zuma honours MK veterans
- 08/06/12--01:01: Metsimaholo boss suspended
- 08/06/12--01:02: Taxi war looms
- 08/06/12--01:11: The Dojo sessions: Love and learn hip hop
The new face of the provincial ANC, William Bulwane (WB) who has advanced from regional and municipal structures to run the affairs of the ruling party in the province has experienced some turbulence along the way. Public Eye reporter, Tselane Moiloa (PE) had a chat him about ways in which the party will renew itself and attract back members who have lost faith in it.
BLOEMFONTEIN - Lack of funding and insufficient social workers in the province has made it difficult for government to fully dispatch services to rural areas, analysts have said.
Bloemfontein- Six senior officials in the Cooperative Governance, Department of Human Settlement and Traditional Affairs (Cogta) have been suspended from work until October 31 to allow investigations into alleged maladministration and corruption.
BOTSHABELO – Parents of the four initiates who allegedly died at the hands of their instructors and colleagues are demanding answers from owners of the initiation school while they ponder their next step.
BLOEMFONTEIN – The provincial African National Congress (ANC) will start a political school for its members before the end of the year, newly-elected secretary William Bulwane has said.
SASOLBURG - Noma Mongali (not her real name), 23, still remembers how badly she was assaulted and raped by a group of men in her township of Zamdela.
THABA NCHU – Police have recovered looted goods worth hundreds of thousands of rands and have arrested over 100 people suspected of raiding foreign-owned shops in Thaba Nchu and Botshabelo following a two-week pillaging orgy in the precinct.
BLOEMFONTEIN - Minister of Higher Education and Training, Blade Nzimande has taken management at the Central University of Technology (CUT) to court to smooth the way for administrator Professor Stanley Ridge to assume office at the troubled institute.
VILJOENSKROON – A Welkom family is living in fear after a series of mysterious fires scotched its property at three different locations in June.
Western Cape premier Helen Zille has asked President Jacob Zuma to deploy SA National Defence Force members to gang-ridden areas In a letter sent to the Presidency, she asked for troops to be sent at once to Lavender Hill and Hanover Park on the Cape Flats, which had both seen a “serious spike” in gang-related [...]
BLOEMFONTEIN – Free State premier and ANC chairperson Ace Magashule was put under the spotlight on Tuesday, July 31 on SABC 2’s Morning Live Business Breakfast, where the politics of the province were scrutinised by the country in the hour long session.Public Eye has compiled some of the themes Magashule discussed.
Job creation starts with education
I have never been bitter about the amount of tax I pay as a citizen. Being such a small section of our society, belonging to the taxpayers club is a coveted position, I never take my fortune for granted.
SASOLBURG – Few municipalities have benefited from the leadership of a mayor who has a passion for an educated youth to spearhead development as Metsimaholo Local Municipality has from Mayor Brutus Mahlaku, who believes that South Africa can only prosper with an educated young workforce.
BLOEMFONTEIN – About 5000 women are expected to walk the route laid out by Charlotte Maxeke and other activists in 1913 in protest of pass laws for women.
BLOEMFONTEIN - Prison escapee and suspected armed robber Moloi Ralentsoe has broken his silence and accused police of torturing him when he was in their custody
Founding members of Umkhonto we Sizwe (MK), the former military wing of the African National Congress, received military service medals from President Jacob Zuma on Thursday.
SASOLBURG - Metsimaholo Local Municipality on Wednesday, July 25 suspended its Supply Chain manager Basie Motlou again, two months after he returned to work from an earlier suspension.
LADYBRAND – Simmering tension between rival taxi associations could explode into open warfare if steps are not taken to force the belligerent sides to observe a court order barring them from using a lucrative make-shift rank near the Maseru Bridge, where an estimated 12 000 people pass during peak hour seasons.
BLOEMFONTEIN – The first Sunday of every month has been given a new look on the Second Avenue social scene, where fast-paced house music has given way to the mellow poetic sounds of live musical acts at Bloemfontein’s Oolong lounge.