- RSS Channel Showcase 5374971
- RSS Channel Showcase 4772061
- RSS Channel Showcase 9108366
- RSS Channel Showcase 5226666
Articles on this Page
- 08/07/12--01:43: _A Mangaung bailout ...
- 08/13/12--00:58: _Sensitise public ab...
- 08/13/12--01:00: _Light at end of the...
- 08/13/12--01:06: _Root out corruption...
- 08/13/12--01:09: _Con artist wanted
- 08/13/12--01:11: _The ‘snowiest’ snow...
- 08/13/12--01:15: _Ramkraal mess
- 08/13/12--01:18: _Andy T pumps up the...
- 08/13/12--01:20: _Heidedal Arts Conso...
- 08/13/12--01:24: _Shooting from the hip
- 08/13/12--01:27: _Zakes Mda praises ...
- 08/20/12--01:07: _Cuban take-off for ...
- 08/20/12--01:09: _Police open fire on...
- 08/20/12--01:11: _Lack of resources h...
- 08/20/12--01:14: _Environmental clean...
- 08/20/12--01:17: _Rapists stalk Refen...
- 08/20/12--01:20: _Learners attend car...
- 08/20/12--01:22: _Varsity wins court ...
- 08/20/12--01:25: _Municipal official ...
- 08/20/12--01:28: _Veld fires wreak havoc
- 08/07/12--01:43: A Mangaung bailout package: Would Zuma bite?
- 08/13/12--00:58: Sensitise public about different disabilities
- 08/13/12--01:00: Light at end of the tunnel for Ascitic patient
- 08/13/12--01:06: Root out corruption, says mayor
- 08/13/12--01:09: Con artist wanted
- 08/13/12--01:11: The ‘snowiest’ snow causes stir in Free State
- 08/13/12--01:15: Ramkraal mess
- 08/13/12--01:18: Andy T pumps up the jam
- 08/13/12--01:20: Heidedal Arts Consortium for change
- 08/13/12--01:24: Shooting from the hip
- 08/13/12--01:27: Zakes Mda praises Madonna of Excelsior play
- 08/20/12--01:07: Cuban take-off for medical students
- 08/20/12--01:09: Police open fire on Lonmin miners, several killed
- 08/20/12--01:11: Lack of resources hinder attainment of MDGs
- 08/20/12--01:14: Environmental cleaners scoop award
- 08/20/12--01:17: Rapists stalk Refengkgotso
- 08/20/12--01:20: Learners attend carreers day
- 08/20/12--01:22: Varsity wins court battle against Nzimande
- 08/20/12--01:25: Municipal official fired
- 08/20/12--01:28: Veld fires wreak havoc
Could Jacob Zuma be offered a deal which would see him exit the ANC presidential race in a “dignified” manner? Political analyst and author William Gumede thinks this could be the best way out for the ANC to circumvent another messy scrap at its national conference in December. Such a deal would be complex. It [...]
BLOEMFONTEIN – For over 25 years of her life, Yolanda Greyling was used to waking up to the sound of chirping birds and barking dogs on her parents farm in Bethlehem in the northern Free State. But all this changed when a brain tumour removal left her partially deaf, a disability she said most people do not understand.
KROONSTAD - Nineteen-year-old Manhca Gabriel Domingo writhes in pain in his hospital bed at Boitumelo Hospital some 200 km away from Bloemfontein because of a swollen stomach caused due to Ascites.
All elements of corruption would have to be rooted out within the local government system to ensure better audit results, Thabo Manyoni, executive mayor of the Mangaung metro municipality said at the opening of the 10th National Congress of the South African Municipal Workers Union (Samwu) early this week.
SASOLBURG – A conman is on the prowl in the Sasolburg area demanding R500 from desperate jobseekers in exchange for positions with the Metsimaholo Local Municipality (MLM).
SASOLBURG – Extreme cold weather conditions which gripped the country early this week provoked mixed reactions from different sections of the community depending on how it impacted on their economic activities.
BLOEMFONTEIN – Families evicted from the disused Ramkraal Prison premises some five months ago to make way for construction of a new legislature are crammed in a bitterly cold public hall in Hostel One while government ponders its next move.
SASOLBURG - Many international pop stars begin their careers in church choirs.
BLOEMFONTEIN – Escalating deviant behaviour among teenagers and the debilitating consequences have prompted a group of youths in Heidadal Township to seek ways of keeping themselves busy.
HEILBRON - William Shakespeare once said: “The earth has music for those who listen”.
BLOEMFONTEIN – The technical crew and actors who have adapted the historical novel Madonna of Excelsior into a play have received praise from the book’s author, Professor Zakes Mda, who admitted that while he prefers not to see his work brought to the stage, this adaptation brought something new to the table.
BLOEMFONTEIN – Samuel Mzangwa has dreamt of being a medical immunologist since his high school days.
An attempt by the police to disperse striking workers at Marikana's troubled Lonmin mine has ended in a shootout between the two groups.
ARUSHA – Mathabo Ngomod lost a lot of blood after the delivery of her son in the rural district of Xhariep.
QWA QWA – Thirty volunteers in Ficksburg earned R20 000 in prize money at the recent Women in Water awards for cleaning up the Caledon River bed.
DANNEYSVILLE – Police have stepped up patrols in response to a spike in rape incidents that have scared women in Refengkgotso Township in Danneysville, north east of the Free State into staying indoors.
SASOLBURG - Thousands of high school and tertiary students of all races from the Vaal area on Monday attended the Annual Techno Expo organised by the South African oil, gas and coal company, Sasol to give them greater insight into various post-education careers.
The Central University of Technology (CUT) in the Free State has won its court battle against Higher Education Minister Blade Nzimande in the Bloemfontein High Court.
SASOLBURG – The Fezile Dabi District Municipality has fired Local Economic Development officer and renowned businessman Thami Gorati.
DEWETSDORP – Raging veld fires which swept through the Free State province last weekend devoured hundreds of thousands of hectares causing over R300 million worth of damage to property and killing an estimated 40o head of cattle.